Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Things at the bottom of the lake

So I was at a lake this past weekend with friends. We stayed at their condo and boated and swam and did things you do at a lake. While in the water, things went through my mind. Such as, what could possibly be at the bottom of the lake. It has most likely been there hundreds of years.
How many cars, boats, bicycles, beer cans or bodies could be just a few hundred feet, if even that far, below your dangling feet? I know some people who won't get in lakes because of that specific reason. They don't know what's in there. I say, ignorance is bliss, but it still got me wondering. What would we find if we were able to drain the lake? How many mysteries would be solved by examining the objects found at the bottom of the dark and murky waters?
If you think about it too much, you could really creep yourself out. I choose not too while I'm there, but can't stop myself when my mind reverts to "creative mode" while I'm thinking of storylines or scary situations. Lakes always seem to be in some of the best horror stories such as Friday the 13th. It's because you can't go down there and see what's there, I think.
-JJ

No comments: